Sunday, February 06, 2005

Relax and Unwind

Nagkaroon ako ng pagkakataon na makapagpahinga pagkatapos ng isang napakahabang linggo. Sabi nga ng tita ko, "relax and unwind". That's exactly what we did.

Jenny, Miguel and I went home to Batangas yesterday. For Jenny who has been my friend for 15 years already, it was her first time to see the place where I grew up in before I transferred to Assumption back in 1990. For Shishi, it was a chance for him to meet up my grandmother and my aunt and uncle. It was a chance for him to know me even more since it is another facet of my life which I've wanted him to see so that he could know me even better.

He was feeling nervous about meeting my family. I was excited and also a bit nervous for him. We were worried that he'd be grilled. Fortunately, it wasnt as bad as we expected. All in all, I'd like to think that we all enjoyed and had a wonderful day. We had the chance to just sit by the balcony and talk and laugh and take pictures. The weather was also perfect.

Its a nice feeling when you get to share a part of yourself with someone bit by bit. Having Miguel come to Batangas with me was like sharing a very big part of who I am and I'd like to believe that I've made him know the whole me after that. Having someone know and see where you grew up in is indeed a very import factor for that person to know you better.

Im looking forward to another visit to Batangas, hopefully, I get to bring more of my friends like Mako, Jen and Mags. I'm sure they'll appreciate the quiet time. Its refreshing to the soul. Its healthy for the mind.

0 comments: